Eligibility and selection criteria
- Only applications completed in English via the registration submission form will be considered.
- Applicants must be current EAA Members.
- Applicants must not have received an EAA grant to attend the Annual Meeting in the last 3 years.
- Applicants must confirm that they have not received, nor are eligible to receive, any other grant funding towards their participation at the Annual Meeting.
- Applicants must attend the Annual Meeting onsite and in person.
- Applicants must be a session organiser, the main author of a paper or a confirmed discussant (co-authors of papers and authors of posters are not eligible to apply for a grant). Priority will normally be given to session organisers.
- No more than one session organiser per session will receive a grant. A maximum of two grants may be awarded per session (e.g. a session organiser and a main author of a paper). Priority will normally be given to funding at least one presentation at sessions where no funding has been allocated to a session organiser.
- Applicants are required to submit a short motivation statement in support of their application (approx. 200 words / up to 1600 characters). This statement will be assessed when adjudicating applications since the funding available is insufficient to cover all eligible applications selected along criteria 1 – 7 above, e.g. in situations where several grant applications are received for a single session, either from session organisers or main authors of papers / confirmed discussants.
- In specific cases (e.g. invited speakers), grants may also be available to non-members. Such applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The process of selection assumes that the following steps will be taken in relation to the applications deemed to be eligible only.
After completing onsite registration at the registration desk at the Annual Meeting venue, successful applicants must confirm acceptance of the grant, in person, at the EAA desk between Thursday 29 August 12:00 noon and Saturday 2 September 12:00 noon local time.
Successful applicants will
- provide proof of registration for the Annual Meeting (e.g. badge);
- need to confirm bank transfer details;
- sign the grant acceptance form onsite;
- the receipts must be submitted exclusively by way of scanned copies submitted through online form at any time before 23 September 2024.
- Should a successful applicant become unable to attend the Annual Meeting in person, they must promptly inform the EAA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments of grants cannot be made before or during the Annual Meeting, but will be made by bank transfer by 21 October 2024.
- The EAA, on behalf of the OMF, reserves the right to withdraw any grant that is not claimed, in person, at the Annual Meeting. Any monies from grants withdrawn in this way will be reallocated towards future Annual Meetings.