Call for sessions
How to submit a session:
Proposing a session can only be done via online submission form available at https://submissions.e-a-a.org/eaa2022/
from 16 September 2021. Current and past EAA Members can log in using their EAA credentials (EAA ID, username, password). For assistance with retrieving credentials, please contact the EAA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure that all personal information is up-to-date before submitting your proposal. Please do not create a new account in case you had one in the past
! New members need to sign up for EAA account first at www.e-a-a.org
. You will find your EAA ID in your profile (under Membership > My EAA Membership, when signed in at www.e-a-a.org
). As session organiser, you can either pay your EAA membership fees upon signing up or at any time before 16 December 2021
when registering and paying for the Annual Meeting. Please note that eventually all Annual Meeting delegates must be current EAA Members (paid-up for 2022) and pay conference fee.
Each session has to be organised by at least two people from two different countries
. The person who is submitting the session is considered the first - main session organiser, and will be the main contact for all practicalities. One person may take part in two sessions, but only in one as a main organiser.
Maximum number of session organisers is five
, incl. main organiser. No exceptions are possible.
Detailed guidelines for session organisers are available here
Please note: EAA 2022 Annual Meeting has (A) Regular sessions, and (B) Other sessions. Regular sessions include both papers and posters, oral presentations are usually 15 minutes long. All other sessions have a special format, the format of contributions is determined by the session organisers. Other sessions can either consist of (pre-circulated) papers, a keynote paper followed by other papers and discussion, pecha kucha presentations (six slides in 6 minutes), posters exclusively, contributions to a discussion session, etc. Roundtables do not receive papers submissions, only provide list of authors before end of Call for papers. Please note that all participants in the sessions will have to be current EAA Members and pay conference fee to be able to attend the session.
The call for sessions will close on Thursday 11 November 2021, 23:59 CET.
After the deadline, the Scientific Committee will evaluate all session proposals and decide whether the session is accepted, rejected, recommended for revision or suggested for merger with another similarly themed session. Following the evaluation by the Scientific Committee, the EAA Secretariat opens all approved sessions (that fulfil also all formal criteria - payment of EAA membership and Annual Meeting registration fee before Monday 16 December 2021
by at least two organisers from at least two different countries) for the abstract submission of oral or poster presentations on Monday 20 December 2021
. Please note that eventually all session organisers, as well as all participants of the Annual Meeting, have to settle both fees.
The following main principles for sessions apply:
- The maximum modular length of sessions and round tables is limited to full-day (4 blocks of 2 hours each, containing up to 28 oral presentations).
- The time allowed for the presentation of individual papers is 15 minutes. However, flexibility may be given to individual session organisers to reduce the length of time allowed for each paper in order to include more papers, depending also on the format of the particular session.
- All session organisers need to settle EAA membership and Annual Meeting registration fee before the deadline set.
- One person may organise no more than one session or round table as the first organiser, but may be co-organiser of one other session.
- Session co-organisers should be from more than one country.
- Maximum number of session organisers is 5, including the main organiser.
- A maximum of two contributions is normally allowed per delegate.
For detailed guidelines for organisers of sessions and round tables, notes for speakers and poster presentations please check the Guidelines tab in General Info.