The following main principles for sessions apply:
- The maximum modular length of sessions and round tables is limited to full-day (4 blocks of 2 hours each, containing up to 28 oral presentations).
- The time allowed for the presentation of individual papers is 15 minutes. However, flexibility may be given to individual session organisers to reduce the length of time allowed for each paper in order to include more papers, depending also on the format of the particular session.
- Only EAA members are allowed to organise a session. Non-members must become EAA members and register for the Annual Meeting (i.e., pay the conference registration fee) by the deadline set.
- One person may organise no more than one session as the first organiser, but may be co-organiser (2nd-5th author) of one other session.
- Session co-organisers should be from more than one country.
- Maximum number of session organisers is 5, including the main organiser.
- A maximum of two contributions is normally allowed per delegate.
- All presenters, as well as all delegates at EAA Annual Meetings have to pay EAA membership and AM registration fees by 21 April 2022. After this dates contributions will be cancelled.
For detailed guidelines for organisers of sessions and round tables, notes for speakers and poster presentations please check the Guidelines tab in General Info.
Regular session consists of 1, 2, 3 or 4 2-hours blocks and contains up to 28 15-minute presentations (although flexibility may be given to individual session organisers to reduce the length of time allowed for each paper in order to include more papers), including discussion, introductory and closing comments. While session organisers are welcome to invite submissions into their session, the session needs to be open for submissions by any presenter.
Sessions with pre-circulated papers
Papers to be pre-circulated before the Annual Meeting allowing informed discussion in person.
Session with presentations of 6 slides in 6 minutes
6 minutes presentations followed by discussion.
Session with keynote presentation and discussion
Regular session / discussion session - keynote lecture (to be submitted within the system; usually 30 minutes) followed by regular papers and/or discussion.
Discussion session with formal abstracts
Discussion session is an interactive event organised around a specific theme, formal presentations are required. Abstracts need to be submitted within the system.
Round table is an interactive event organised around a specific and tightly focused theme. There are no formal contributions submitted, session organisers only need to provide a list of confirmed discussants. Round tables are to be held in small rooms.
Interactive format, session organisers need to inform of the needs.
Format to be specified by session organisers, to be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
Filming and photographing
It is forbidden to film at sessions, the Annual Membership Business Meeting
and other official occasions without the permission of the EAA. The EAA and/or the Organising Committee may secure filming facilities for
selected sessions and the Opening Ceremony to be broadcast / streamed. Session
organisers will be approached by EAA staff and offered this facility when
available and informed about the selection criteria.
Photographing is allowed without any restrictions unless the author of presentation explicitly dissaproves photographing by introducing a disclaimer at the beginning of his/her presentation.