Are you interested in helping shape the largest international meeting of archaeologists in Europe? Would you like to find out about the latest archaeological discoveries and meet archaeologists and heritage professionals from all around the world? If so, there is a new volunteer opportunity waiting for you! We are looking for passionate and dynamic volunteers to join us for the 28th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Budapest, Hungary, from 31 August to 3 September 2022, which will be held as a hybrid event. You can therefore volunteer online from your home or onsite in Budapest. You will receive preliminary training prior to the event and will be assigned a role according to your preferences.
Applicants should be local or international students of Archaeology and Heritage, as well as fluent English speakers. A valid student status in September 2022 should be provided to the organisers. Volunteers' benefits are listed in the second box on the right.
Volunteers will be needed throughout the entire Meeting for the below.
- Online assistance with the virtual Annual Meeting software - technical and practical requirements;
- Assisting session organisers in the beginning of the session;
- Assisting presenters with technical difficulties (or ask for further technical assistance if needed);
- Assistance with sharing ppt / pre-recorded presentations if required by session organisers / authors.
- Registration desk - registering attendees and assisting with the distribution of attendees’ registration materials and delegates’ bags;
- Information desk - providing information about the Annual Meeting activities, sessions, the local surrounding area, giving directions, and providing answers to attendees’ questions;
- Session Monitoring - assisting session organisers and presenters with technical and practical requirements;
- European Archaeology Fair - assisting exhibitors with their needs, providing directions and general information;
- Event Monitoring - directing Annual Meeting attendees into and out of the events, admission control;
- Social Activities - assisting the organisers of activities for the general public with various tasks, supervising the activities to ensure that everything works well and according to the schedule;
- Before and after the Annual Meeting - besides the tasks during the days of the Meeting, assisting with all tasks required for the preparation of the Annual Meeting on 25 August and after the Annual Meeting on 30 August. Tasks will include inserting materials into delegates’ bags, preparing session rooms and the Fair, as well as distributing information materials in the event venues.
Successful applicants will be assigned to the sessions according to their preferences. Please note that we might add other tasks to the ones already included in the list above, depending on the needs that may occur during the process of organising the Meeting.
If you would like to volunteer for the 28th EAA Annual Meeting, please fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/iL8bBBEj3ged3tag6
by 28 February 2022
. Selected and rejected volunteers will be notified by 28 March 2022