We have decided to use Hopin
software for the virtual experience. The same software was also used for the 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting. Hopin is browser-based so there is no need to download anything. Session organisers and presenters will be able to test sessions to check that everything is working properly and they can connect and share the presentation without any issues. The separate test environment will be available from 30 August to 4 September and during the AM week. It is possible to join with audio and video and share a screen.
We are now building the event in Hopin and will provide all current EAA members who registered for the 2021 Annual Meeting with a link for registration to the software by 16 August.
The following steps are recommended to ensure proper functionality:
- Join from a compatible browser
Hopin works best on Chrome and Firefox. Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Check your internet speed and network. We recommend a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. Ideally, we like to see 30mbps download and 10mbps upload or higher for the best quality - test your speed here.
- Restart your computer before joining the event.
This ensures that there are no other video applications holding onto audio or video for any reason.
- Please use headphones when participating on-screen
This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
- In case you are not active presenter / speaker, please turn off your audio and video.
This will help eliminate the data transfer and help recording of the sessions, so only the speaker and the presentation is visible.
- If you lose sound or can't share your audio/video or screen share, try these steps (in this order):
- Refresh your browser
- Ensure your browser's permissions are granted to have access to your camera and microphone (in Chrome, type into the URL bar: chrome://settings/content). If you're on a Mac, ensure your browser has permission to record your screen (open your computer's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > find your browser in the list and check the box)
- Quit and relaunch your browser
- Restart your computer
- Join the event in a different browser (e.g.: switch from Chrome to Firefox)
Please check also guidelines for participants at the online event available under Scientific Programme tab.