We have decided to use Hopin
software for the virtual experience. Hopin is browser-based so there is no need to download anything. Session organisers and presenters will be able to test sessions to check that everything is working properly and they can connect without any issues. It is possible to join with audio and video and share a screen.
We are now building the event in Hopin and will provide all current EAA members with a link for registration to the software. There is no further fee. Anyone is welcome to join the event once the EAA membership fee is settled.
The following steps are recommended to ensure proper functionality:
- Join from a compatible browser
Hopin works best on Chrome and Firefox. Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Check your internet speed and networkWe recommend a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. Ideally, we like to see 30mbps download and 10mbps upload or higher for the best quality - test your speed here.
- Restart your computer before joining the event.
This ensures that there are no other video applications holding onto audio or video for any reason.
- Please use headphones when participating on-screen
This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
- If you lose sound or can't share your audio/video or screen share, try these steps (in this order):
- Refresh your browser
- Ensure your browser's permissions are granted to have access to your camera and microphone (in Chrome, type into the URL bar: chrome://settings/content). If you're on a Mac, ensure your browser has permission to record your screen (open your computer's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > find your browser in the list and check the box)
- Quit and relaunch your browser
- Restart your computer
- Join the event in a different browser (e.g.: switch from Chrome to Firefox)