Are you interested in helping shape the largest international meeting of archaeologists in Europe? Would you like to find out about the latest archaeological discoveries and meet archaeologists and heritage professionals from all around the world? If so, there is a new volunteer opportunity waiting for you! We are looking for passionate and dynamic volunteers to join us for the 26th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Budapest, from 26 to 30 August 2020!
Be a member of a vibrant community, where life-long skills and experiences are waiting for you!
Applicants should be local or international students of Archaeology and Heritage, as well as fluent English speakers. A valid student status in September 2020 should be provided to the organisers. Volunteers' benefits are listed in the second box on the right.
Volunteers will be needed throughout the entire Meeting for the following general tasks:
- Registration Desk: registering attendees and assisting with the distribution of
attendees’ registration materials and delegates’ bags;
- Information Booth: providing information about the Annual Meeting activities, sessions, the local surrounding area, giving directions, and providing answers to attendees’ questions;
- Session Monitoring: assisting session organisers and presenters with technical and practical requirements;
- European Archaeology Fair: assisting exhibitors with their needs, providing directions and general information;
- Event Monitoring: directing Annual Meeting attendees into and out of the events, admission control;
- Social Activities: assisting the organisers of activities for the general public with various tasks, supervising the activities to ensure that everything works well and according to the schedule;
- Before and after the Annual Meeting: besides the tasks during the days of the Meeting, assisting with all tasks required for the preparation of the Annual Meeting on 25 August and after the Annual Meeting on 30 August. Tasks will include inserting materials into delegates’ bags, preparing session rooms and the Fair, as well as hanging information materials in the event venues.
Successful applicants will be assigned to these roles according to their preferences. However, due to the complex nature of the event, volunteers might be asked to fulfil other roles as well. Please note that we might add other tasks to the ones already included in the list above, depending on the needs that may occur during the process of organising the Meeting.
If you would like to volunteer for the 26th EAA Annual Meeting, please fill out the application form and submit it by 2 March 2020
. Selected and rejected volunteers will be notified by 12 March 2020
Please note that travel costs are not covered and we are not going to arrange individual accident insurance for the volunteers. We recommend that their general travel insurance should include it.