Are you interested in helping shape the largest international meeting of archaeologists in Europe? Would you like to find out about the latest archaeological discoveries and meet archaeologists and heritage professionals from all around the world? If so, there is a new volunteer opportunity waiting for you! We are looking for passionate and dynamic volunteers to join us for the 25th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Bern, from 4 to 7 September 2019!
Applicants should be local or international students of Archaeology and Heritage, as well as fluent English speakers. A valid student status in September 2019 should be provided to the organisers. Volunteers' benefits are listed in the second red box on the right.
Volunteers will be needed throughout the entire Meeting for the following general tasks:
- Registration Desk: registering attendees and assisting with the distribution of
attendees’ registration materials and delegates’ bags;
- Information Booth: providing information about the Annual Meeting activities, sessions, the local surrounding area, giving directions, and providing answers to attendees’ questions;
- Session Monitoring: assisting session organisers and presenters with technical and practical requirements;
- European Archaeology Fair: assisting exhibitors with their needs, providing directions and general information;
- Event Monitoring: directing Annual Meeting attendees into and out of the events, admission control;
- Social Activities: assisting the organisers of activities for the general public with various tasks, supervising the activities to ensure that everything works well and according to the schedule;
- Excursions (only for Swiss applicants from Bern and neighbouring towns): joining excursions and assisting the organisers according to their needs;
- Before and after the Annual Meeting: besides the tasks during the days of the Meeting, assisting with all tasks required for the preparation of the Annual Meeting on 2 and 3 September, and after the Annual Meeting on 8 September. Tasks will include inserting materials into delegates’ bags, preparing session rooms and the Fair, as well as hanging information materials in the event venues.
Successful applicants will be assigned to these roles according to their preferences. However, due to the complex nature of the event, volunteers might be asked to fulfil other roles as well. Please note that we might add other tasks to the ones already included in the list above, depending on the needs that may occur during the process of organising the Meeting.
If you would like to volunteer for the 25th EAA Annual Meeting, please fill out the application form and submit it by 14 March 2019
. Selected and rejected volunteers will be notified by 26 March 2019