Application for Travel Grants for the EAA 24th Annual Meeting in Barcelona
The EAA is grateful to the local organising team in Barcelona, in cooperation with the Oscar Montelius Foundation (OMF) for their generous financial support to enable the EAA to award a number of grants to its members in order to assist with the costs incurred during their attendance of the Annual Meeting.
A maximum of 40 grants to the sum of € 250,- are available for EAA members already registered to attend the Annual Meeting.
Applications should be submitted before Wednesday 20th June 23:59 CET. Successful applicants will be informed on or before Friday 13th July.
Altogether 108 applications for grant have been received. Decision on grant allocation has been communicated to all applicants on Friday 13th July.
1. Only completed applications in English will be considered.
2. Only current EAA members already registered to attend the Annual Meeting are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to applicants who are making an active contribution within the Annual Meeting programme. Priority will be given as follows: session organiser, presenter of a paper, (non) statutory committee member with a scheduled meeting, poster presenter.
- A maximum of two grants can be received by session organisers in a single session.
- A single paper can receive only one grant. In the case of a joint paper, it is possible to share a grant.
- An applicant is only eligible to receive one grant, regardless of the number of sessions, papers or posters being given.
- Priority will be given to those who have not received a grant from the EAA to attend the Annual Meeting in the last three years.
3. Priority will be given to EAA members resident in category B countries, as approved by the AMBM at the EAA Annual Meeting in Maastricht, 2017.
- The list of category A and B countries is based on the World Bank date on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita. Countries approved to fall within the A category of membership include (in alphabetical order): Andorra, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR (China), Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macao SAR (China), Monaco, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, Saint-Maarten, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States and Vatican City. All other countries fall into the B category.
4. EAA members that are currently unemployed, regardless of their country of residence, are also encouraged to apply.
Applications that fit the selection criteria should be submitted using the application form before Wednesday 20th June 23:59 CET.
Completed Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following subject reference: Application for OMF Grant for Barcelona Annual Meeting. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within 48 hours.