Are you interested in helping shape the largest international meeting of archaeologists in Europe? Would you like to find out about the latest archaeological discoveries and meet archaeologists and heritage professionals from all around the globe? If so, there is a new volunteer opportunity waiting for you! We are looking for passionate and dynamic volunteers to join us in unfolding the 24th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Barcelona, from 5 to 8 September 2018!
Applicants should be local or international students of Archaeology and Heritage, as well as fluent English speakers. Volunteers' benefits are listed in the second blue box on the right.
Volunteers will be needed throughout the entire Meeting for the following general tasks:
Desk: registering attendees and assisting with the distribution of
attendees’ registration materials and delegates’ bags;
- Information Booth: providing information about the Annual Meeting activities, sessions, the local surrounding area, giving directions, and providing answers to attendees’ questions;
- Session Monitoring: assisting session organizers and presenters, turning on the PC and projector in the session room, uploading presentations from USB sticks and deleting them from the PC at the end of the session, distributing handouts, acting as a time-keeper, video-recording sessions if requested, helping late comers find seats if available, making sure that rooms are clean before and after the session;
- Exhibition Hall: assisting exhibitors and poster presenters with their needs, providing directions and general information;
- Event Monitoring: directing Annual Meeting attendees into and out of the events, making sure that everyone who enters is wearing a badge or has a ticket, providing traffic control at doors;
- Social Activities: assisting the organizers of activities for the general public with various tasks, supervising the activities to ensure that everything works well and according to the schedule;
- Excursions (only for applicants from Barcelona and neighboring towns): joining excursions and making sure that everything works according to the timetable;
- Before and after the Annual Meeting: besides another role on this list during the days of the Meeting, assisting with all tasks required for the preparation of the Annual Meeting on 3 and 4 September, and after the Annual Meeting on 9 September. Tasks will include inserting materials into delegates’ bags, preparing session rooms and exhibition hall, as well as hanging information materials in the event venues.
Successful applicants will be assigned to these roles according to their preferences. However, due to the complex nature of the event, volunteers might be asked to fulfill other roles as well. Please note that we might add other tasks to the ones already included in the list above, depending on the needs that may occur during the process of organizing the Meeting.
If you would like to volunteer for the 24th EAA Annual Meeting, please fill out the application form below and submit it by 15 March 2018
. Selected and rejected volunteers will be notified by 25 March 2018