The European Association of Archaeologists (EAA) http://www.e-a-a.org is a ‘not for profit’ membership organisation for archaeologists and other related or interested individuals or bodies in Europe and beyond. The Association aims to promote the development of archaeological research and practices, and the management and interpretation of the archaeological heritage. The Association has an international Executive Board supported by a Secretariat with three full time staff and one part time. The office of the Secretariat is based in Prague (Letenská 4, Praha 1). The official working language of the EAA is English.
Due to the continued growth of the organisation and the expansion of its activities, the EAA is looking for a
Social Media / Administration Assistant – temporary part time position (approx. 10hrs/week) on a Contract of Service (agreement to perform a job) (Dohoda o provedení práce)
- EAA Social media daily maintenance of presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram: posting news provided by EAA Executive Board, EAA editors and / or staff and actively searching for potential content
- Contributing to a proposal of EAA Social media mid-term strategy for evaluation by EAA Executive Board
- Administrative support in the preparation and organisation EAA Annual Meetings
- Other administrative support to EAA Secretariat and Executive Board
Candidate´s profile requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge and practical experience in social media use/management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram)
- Basic knowledge of graphic softwares
- University degree or proven knowledge of and interest in archaeology (this includes students of archaeology or related disciplines)
- fluent English and writing skills
- ability to work independently
- Informal, friendly working atmosphere with a small team in the centre of Prague
- Interesting job with potential for development
- Flexible working arrangement (flexible time schedule and working from home) – approx. 10 hours per week. Vacancy is suitable for parents on/after maternity/parental leave and post-graduate students.
- Interesting salary conditions
- Immediate start (but other agreement possible)
- Type of contract: DPP/IČO
If you are interested in the position, the conditions of the contract and if you fulfil our requirements, do not hesitate to contact us and send your CV with a cover letter in English to Kateřina Kleinová (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 20 October.
A necessary condition for an admission is the successful completion of the selection process.
Interviews of the selected candidates will be held on 23 – 24 October at the EAA office (Letenská 4, Praha 1).
All your material is considered confidential and will be treated in compliance with the Law 101/2000 of Data Security. Once the selection process is closed, your documents will be discarded. By sending your application to the EAA, you agree that the EAA will treat it in compliance with the Law 101/2000 Collections.