The European Association of Archaeologists (EAA) http://www.e-a-a.org is a ‘not for profit’ membership organisation for archaeologists and other related or interested individuals or bodies in Europe and beyond. The Association aims to promote the development of archaeological research and practices, and the management and interpretation of the archaeological heritage. The Association has an international Executive Board supported by a Secretariat of three full-time staff. The office of the Secretariat is based in Prague (Letenská 4, Praha 1).
Due to the continued growth in its membership and the expansion of its activities, the EAA is looking for a part-time
Financial and Accounting Assistant – part time - 10hrs/week
Accounting activities, transactions and accounting administration
- to provide day-to-day basic book-keeping operations, to import accounting transactions into an electronic accounting system
- accounting core data preparation and administration
- maintenance of accounting documents archive
- Support of preparation and organising of the EAA Annual Meetings
- to provide administrative tasks (issuing invoices, sending already printed invoices to attendees)
- to provide administrative and helpdesk support for a period of 4 days annually at EAA Annual Meeting (held late August – early September in different European countries)
- Administrative support to Financial Administrator, Secretariat´s team members and EAA´s Officers
Candidate's profile requirements
- basic knowledge of book keeping
- advanced English is a must (the official working language of the EAA is English)
- focus on detail and precision
- ability to work independently
- practical experience with administrative work in financial and accounting area
- proficiency in MS Office (especially excellent use of Excel)
- informal, friendly working atmosphere in a small team in the centre of Prague
- interesting job with space for further growth
- flexible type of work (possibility of part time and home office) – 10 hours per week (preferably Wednesday 9-14, Thursday 10-15), possibility of increasing of the workload in the future. Vacancy is suitable for parents on/after maternity/parental leave, students
- interesting salary conditions
- date of start according to an agreement
- type of contract: DPP/IČO
If you are interested in tasks and conditions above and you fulfil our requirements, do not hesitate to contact us and send your CV with a cover letter in English to Krisztína Pavlíčková (firstname.lastname@example.org
) before 6 November 2018. A necessary condition for an admission is the successful completion of the selection process.
Interviews of the selected candidates will be held on 7 or 14 November at the EAA office (Letenská 4, Praha 1).
All your material is considered confidential and will be treated in compliance with the Law 101/2000 of Data Security. Once the selection process is closed your documents will be discarded. By sending your application to the EAA, you agree that the EAA will treat it in compliance with the Law 101/2000 Collections.