European Association of Archaeologists and the European Year of Cultural Heritage
2018 is the European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH 2018). The overall objective of the Year is to encourage sharing and appreciation of Europe’s cultural heritage, to raise awareness of our common history and values, and to reinforce a sense of belonging in a common European space.
As member of the EYCH Stakeholders Committee, the European Association of Archaeologists is proud to have the capacity to award the EYCH label to events in European Cultural Heritage that meet the following criteria:
- The event takes place between 7 December 2017 and 31 December 2018
- The event contributes to achieving one or more of the EYCH objectives, as laid down in the Decision (EU) 2017/864 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 on a European Year of Cultural Heritage (2018)
- The event involves partners from different EU Member States and is implemented by civil society organisations (please note that your event may be eligible to receive the EYCH label from a national coordinator if it is a projects at national, regional or local level, or the European Commission directly if it is EU funded)
Filling in a request form and/or receiving permission from the relevant authority are both compulsory prerequisite steps to using the EYCH brand for events and projects.
The label grants the right to use the EYCH visual identity, including:
1. The logo, available in twenty-two languages and five colours (and a monochrome version)
2. The slogan “Our heritage: where the past meets the future”
3. The hashtag #EuropeForCulture
Please fill in the form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org (fields marked with * are mandatory).