1) To promote the development of archaeological research and the exchange of archaeological information in Europe.
2) To promote the management and interpretation of the archaeological heritage of Europe.
3) To promote proper ethical and scientific standards for archaeological work.
4) To promote the interests of professional archaeologists in Europe.
5) To promote cooperation with other organisations with similar aims.
6) To support and serve the membership of the EAA.
The Executive Board of the EAA appoints three Trustees who are former members of the EAA Executive Board and are not serving in any other position on the Executive Board at the same time. They may only be appointed to a maximum of two three-year terms of office. The Auditor, appointed by the Executive Board of the EAA, supervises the Foundation. The term of office of the Auditor is three years, after which they may be reappointed.
The present Trustees and Auditor