1) To promote the development of archaeological research and the exchange of
information in Europe.
2) To promote the management and interpretation of the archaeological heritage
3) To promote proper ethical and scientific standards for archaeological work.
4) To promote the interests of professional archaeologists in Europe.
5) To promote cooperation with other organisations with similar aims.
6) To support and serve the membership of the EAA.
There are three Trustees appointed by the Executive Board of the EAA. The
that they should be former members of the EAA Executive Board who are not
serving in any
other positions of the Executive Board at the same time. They may only be
appointed to a
maximum of two terms of office.
The Auditor, appointed by the Executive Board of the EAA, supervises the
term of office of the Auditor is three years, after which they may be
The present Auditor is Adrian Olivier.